Rich Heeter is a Principal and Managing Director of Capital Trustees, LLC, and has served as an independent trustee and advisor to Employee Stock Ownership Plans on initial transactions as well as established plans since 2008.
Rich brings a wealth of experience to the ESOP Trustee practice, having been in the Financial Services and Retirement Planning field for over 25 years. He has held management positions with several prominent national and regional firms, including the Principal Financial Group (Managing Director) and DVFG Advisors, LLC (Executive VP). During that time, Rich has worked with owners of closely held and family businesses, providing solutions in the areas of qualified retirement plans, executive benefits; and business transition and estate planning. ESOPs have become an increasing part of these business planning solutions. Rich is also involved with numerous industry and civic organizations, and has served on several of their respective boards, including:
- ESOP Association - Current member
- National Center for Employee Ownership - Current member
- Pennsylvania Center for Employee Ownership - Founding sponsor member
- Estate Planning Council of Central Pennsylvania - PastPresident
- Society of Financial Services Professionals, Harrisburg Chapter - Past President
- Harrisburg Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors - Current member, Past Director
- Mechanicsburg School District Educational Foundation – Current President
Rich has earned both the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) and Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) designations from the American College, and is a licensed insurance broker in Pennsylvania.
Rich and wife Marianna are the parents of two grown sons, and reside in Mechanicsburg, PA